Sunday, April 1, 2007

Chasing the Tour de France 2007

It looks like part of the dream has finally turned into a reality. I'll be seeing a few stages of the Tour De France 2007 and I can't wait. Somewhere in the French Alps I'll be waiting for the overall classification contenders to assert their dominance.

It seems for as long as I've owned a bike I've been following the tour from my lounge room, amazed and intrigued by the strategy and the incomparable endurance required to sustain and win "The hardest sporting endurance event" on the planet.



Alexander
Vinokourov

And what about the controversy? The Tour de France has had a very decorated history indeed. What about that year most of the cyclists boycotted the stages due to the "alledgedly" over intrusive drug testing procedures? Or, ironically, last year when Floyd Landis on the "Juice" making the most unbelievable recovery after being well and truly "out of juice" in the mountain stage the day before? Unfortunately it doesn't have the best reputation as a clean sport, however in terms of determination, sportsmanship, team spirit and courage it doesn't get any better. This is a race that makes legends!

No comments: